Fever mostly indicates that the body is fighting an infection. Most of the time, fever is accompanied by a headache. There are many conditions that may cause elevated body temperature and headache. Since, it is impossible to mention all, a few of them are mentioned here.
Common Causes in Adults
- Cold and flu
- Urinary tract infections
- Strep throat
- Glandular fever
- Vitamin deficiency or malnutrition
- Food poisoning
- Stress due to more mental work, worry, tension and grief
- Menstruation problems
- Dental abscess
- Drug Reactions
- Ear infection
- Respiratory tract infection
- Kidney infection
- Liver and spleen disorder
- Weak eyes
- Cervical Spondylosis
- High or low blood pressure
- Hair dyeing
Constant headache can make the patient irritated and stubborn. Headache can be classified as mild, intermittent, constant, severe, stabbing, temporary, or migraine. Usually mild headache and a slight rise in body temperature should not be a cause of worry, as they go away on their own, But, sometimes they may become sever and intolerable. Regular consumption of oily or processed food may lead to digestive disorders like constipation or indigestion. The toxic substances produced due to putrefaction, can pollute human body systems, resulting in the symptoms of headache and increased body temperature. Apart from this, frequent fever can make the person weak.
Common Causes in Children
In this world of competition children also face the problem of headache and higher than normal body temperature, occasionally. A viral or bacterial infection is the most common cause of these disorders in children. The other common causes are listed below.
- Common cold and flu
- Food allergies
- Inflamed tonsils
- Allergic reactions to antibiotics
- Digestive system disorder
- Respiratory infection
- Sore or strep throat
- Wound infection
For occasional mild fever and headache which do not have any other symptoms, you don't have to worry. It can be cured with over-the-counter medicines or home remedies. A hot cup of green tea or ginger tea, a hot bowl of chicken soup works great for slightly high body temperature and headache. But in case of frequent or severe headache and high fever, you should consult your doctor. Following simple remedies can help bring back the body temperature to normal level and get rid of the pain and discomfort.
- A healthy diet helps strengthen your immune system. Your diet should contain all the essential vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients.
- Other therapies like aroma therapy, acupressure, acupuncture also work great for frequent fever and headache.
- Relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation are helpful in managing stress and avoiding stress-related disorders.
- Sufficient rest, avoiding cold liquids, drinking plenty of warm water, soups, tea, wearing light clothes, etc., may help break fever and get rid of the pain.
- You can smear some olive oil on feet of the patient or apply a thick paste of garlic cloves or onion or egg white on a gauze bandage and apply these pads on the soles of the feet. Wrap these pads with gauze bandage. Such pads can instantaneously reduce the body temperature.
Prevention is better than cure, therefore by maintaining hygiene, eating healthy and balanced food, avoiding excessive stress, and exercising regularly can maintain the balance of hormones in the body and can strengthen your immune system.