- Actinic cheilitis is considered to be a precancerous lesion and so it needs to be treated at the earliest.
- There are a few topical medications which help to get rid of the scaliness of the lips.
- However, as a preventive measure, it is mandatory to use sun protection.
- In case of precancerous or suspected cancerous growths, it is best to visit a dentist and get the condition diagnosed and treated at the earliest.
- The treatment for cold sores will mostly consist of the application of topical antiviral drugs.
- This will only help to abate the symptoms, rather than cure the disease.
- Angular cheilitis treatment will consist of getting the dentures resized or remade, or taking vitamin B supplements, depending on the cause.
- The treatment for warts will entail the use of antiviral drugs (oral and topical).
- In some cases, excision may be performed.
- A skin biopsy will be essential to confirm whether the spot is an oral melanotic macule or not.
- Once this is done, the spots can be treated with cryotherapy, laser therapy or excision may be performed.
- The treatment for this condition usually depends on the size and location of the lesions.
- It may be dealt with topical medications or can be completely removed with a minor surgery.
- In some cases one or more treatment methods may be essential, like chemotherapy, laser therapy, freezing, radiation therapy, etc.
It is a result of an allergic reaction to several cosmetic products like lip balm, lipstick, lotions, jewelry, perfume, metals like nickel, natural rubber, hair dyes, etc. The most common allergen that is present in these products is poison ivy, which causes instant rash. Other allergens may take a few hours to show the symptoms.
It is the most common type of contact dermatitis as compared to allergic dermatitis. The irritants are classified into two types viz., chemical and physical irritants. Chemical irritants include solvents, soaps, water, detergent, acids, alkalis and friction. Physical irritant contact dermatitis may be caused due to low humidity from air conditioning and certain plants directly irritating the skin.
- You will have to seek help from your dermatologist or doctor to treat these allergies and undergo certain tests to identify the allergen.
- Once you know what exactly you are allergic to, it will be easier to locate it in the environment and avoid future contact.
- After this is done, the doctor will start a proper course of treatment for you.
It is usually because of the protein content in the food. However, apart from food, these proteins may be present in pollens, house dust, molds or animal hair that cause allergic reactions. They are called allergens and the immune system responds to these substances as toxic elements. Food allergy can be a hereditary problem; if one person in the family has this problem, there is 30-40% risk of other members getting this allergy. A list of foods that might aggravate the allergy symptoms have been enlisted below:
- Grains like wheat, oats, rye, etc.
- Other nuts
In children, a rash around lips indicate contact with milk or other things like bubble gum or toothpaste. In women, excessive chocolate intake may reflect a rash between the lower lip and chin.
- The best way to treat food allergy is to avoid the foods causing problem.
- Consult your health care provider before eliminating the use of allergenic foods from your diet.
- Avoiding these foods for sometime and reintroducing them in small quantities will make it easier for the body to tolerate them.
A rash on lips may or may not signify a serious underlying disorder. However, it is best to take good care of your lips, with proper sun protection and by making use of lip balms that do not have any harmful ingredients, so as to do away with the possibility of suffering from rashes on lips. Take Care!