The aroma, it got to you, right? The scrumptious spread set on the dinner table beckoned you and you couldn't resist. Then plate after plate of deliciousness was gorged...and 30 minutes later? You are feeling all bloated and nauseous. Why does bloating after eating come about? And if it isn't related to eating in any way, why does it come about any which way? In this following article we will be looking through the reasons that can lead to these conditions and the treatment forms that can be employed for the same. Continue reading for more information.
Abdominal bloating and nausea is also accompanied by certain other symptoms like chest pain, stomach pain, occurrence of gas and gas pain, acrid belching, burning in the stomach, feeling full all the time, loss of appetite and vomiting. Why does this happen?
Overeating puts excessive pressure on the stomach and the surrounding organs. The result of which is that it causes the stomach acids to escape through the sphincter between the stomach and the esophagus. It come right up into the throat causing belching and a burning sensation in the throat and stomach. This then leads to indigestion and can thereby, cause bloating and nausea in an individual.
Acidity is a condition that is caused when there is excessive secretion of gastric acids which stimulates nausea and bloating to happen. This can also lead to the emergence of other conditions like ulcers and gastritis. Acidity is brought on when there is excessive intake of spicy and oily foods, consuming alcohol and smoking. Other than that, overeating and not maintaining regular meal timings is another reason for the setting in of acidity.
The kind of food that one consumes also has a major effect on the system and causes bloating and nausea. Similarly, alcohol releases acids into the stomach and causes for major damage. Smoking is another reason that can also lead to nausea and bloating.
Infliction of Conditions
The infliction of certain health conditions have these as some of the most common symptoms. These include dysmotility, heartburn, constipation, gastritis, gastroparesis, gallstones and others.
Pregnancy and Menstruation
Pregnancy is another condition in which these symptoms make way. This is mainly due to the hormonal changes that take place in the body. There are a whole lot of bodily changes that can lead to nausea and bloating as well. Both these symptoms are a common occurrence as premenstrual symptoms (PMS).
Obesity can exert pressure on the stomach and lead to indigestion, acidity, heartburn and more. This can then lead to nausea and bloating.
What is the treatment that one can undertake and ensure that these conditions are taken care of well enough? Here are some of the things you can do for these symptoms:
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle which means eating regularly and in calculated amounts as well as sleeping on time will prevent the occurrence of bloating and nausea.
- Avoiding the intake of spicy, fatty and oily foods as well as alcohol is one of the best preventive measures that can be taken. Other than that, one can also avoid the intake of vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower and peas that can lead to the building of gas.
- Drinking warm water is known to help relieve the build up of acids in the stomach as well as lead to bowel movements which causes for the nausea and bloating to be cured.
- Sucking on a lime rind is known to settle the bloating and queasiness that comes about.
- Over the counter medication can also be consumed (antacids, for example) so that it will lead to relief.
The condition of bloating and nausea can get to be very difficult to deal with because it leads to discomfort and pain. It can thereby affect everyday activities and the basic quality of life. But now that you know what can cause these conditions and how to deal with them well enough, here's hoping that you will not have to suffer from the same.