announcement

Update: Check new design of our homepage!

Black Mold Poisoning

Black Mold Poisoning

Since the symptoms of black mold poisoning are so varied, it can sometimes be difficult to pinpoint. But you don't have to live in the dark and not be informed about what black mold is and how it can affect your health. Read the following article for information on symptoms and treatment for the same...
HealthHearty Staff
Last Updated: Mar 1, 2018
Man Having Hair Loss Problem
It is not necessary that an individual will notice or learn about when and how he/she has any infections or illnesses. And when it comes to being exposed to black mold, any person can have either mild to severe illness caused due to it. Perhaps some of you may already know that mold it's a serious health issue, as there are certain health risks associated if someone is exposed to it. But first and foremost, we will understand what it is? Commonly known as mildew, it is a type of fungi; the black-green substance that forms around wet areas of your home. It is often known as 'toxic black mold' and 'sick building syndrome'. If a person breathes, ingests, or inhales black mild, he/she can be subjected to black mold poisoning.
Due to a leak in plumbing, crack in the floor, excessive condensation, or if there is water damage, the probability of mold development increases. As a serious health risk, if you or anyone you know has been exposed or poisoned, proper understanding of the topic is necessary. Why? Because then only you can find a treatment and head towards a healthier self. The dark, mucky area in your house is a perfect atmosphere for the mold to grow. And the fact that they are self-replicating doesn't help either. Young children and elderly are more vulnerable to the exposure. They feed off carbon available in the surroundings and sustain for a long time, if not taken care of soon. Mold also clings to materials like leather, carpet, wood, insulation, wallpaper, and plasterboard. These materials aid them in supporting and replicating for growth. In the following section, we are going to go over some of the common and less common symptoms of exposure and poisoning related to the mold and the necessary treatment methods.
Intoxication Due to Mold
Although our minds go directly towards finding a treatment for ridding our bodies of any infections, bacteria, infections, and/or diseases, it is essential to learn how to detect the mold. Once you detect its presence, the next step would automatically be finding the right treatment method. Which is why, in order to help you know whether or not you have been exposed or poisoned due to the mold, go over the symptoms which are mentioned below.
Symptoms of Intoxication
As our bodies are not designed to tolerate high amounts of mycotoxins (the toxin produced by fungus), the ill effects of toxic black mold is dangerous. And even though young children and the elderly will experience the effects sooner than young and healthy adults, not everyone is immune to them. If you have some sort of infection, the symptoms will start to show quicker than some. Here are some symptoms you should be aware of.
• Acne
• Cancer
• Chills
• Choking
• Diarrhea
• Hair loss
• Nosebleeds
• Sneezing fits
• Poor Appetite
• Spleen pain
• Anaphylaxis
• Coated tongue
• Cold & fever
• Food allergies
• Bruising easily
• Pitting up mucous
• Early menopause
• Altered immunity
• Burning in throat
• Balance problems
• Abdominal pain
• Physical weakness
• Puffy/droopy eyes
• Swollen lymph nodes
• Open sores on head
• Frequent infections
• Irritability, mood swings
• Metallic taste
• Nose/throat irritation
• Dirt-like taste
• Open sores/lacerations
• Chronic dandruff
• Depression/anxiety
• Body aches/muscle pain
• Systemic candida infection
• Sensitivity to odors
• Pulmonary hemorrhage
• Hypersensitivity to mold
• Abnormal pap smears
• Acid reflux/indigestion
• Face flushing
• Night sweats/hot flashes
• Organic dust toxic syndrome
• Face & limbs numbness
• Vision problems
• Eye irritation
• Cholesterol issues
• Eyes/nose/mouth/skin itching
• Central nervous system disorders
It is essential to know that extended exposure can result in serious health effects. Now that we have explained what the most and least common symptoms are, we will jump to the treatment methods.
Treatment for Intoxication
  • The first step of treatment is keeping everyone away from the mold area.
  • If someone is affected by it, they should be removed from the vicinity so that further ingestion is not risked. Getting a laboratory blood test will be the second step.
  • Speak to your doctor as soon as the signs are visible. The doctor will be able to determine if you or someone else actually has the intoxication or not
  • Get the mold formation cleared out of your home. You don't want to subject others to its ill effects.
  • Hire a professional, purchase a mold removing kit, or follow the removal with bleach steps from the article.
It is vital that you consult with a healthcare professional that you know and trust. This way, you can get all the necessary medical attention and advice you may require. In order to keep yourself and the rest of your family away from the poisoning is by finding and removing mold infestation. If you suspect there is a musty smell in your bathroom or kitchen area, don't hesitate to have it inspected by a professional. And, always be alert and keep your home and family free of health dangers.