The appearance of a blotchy skin rash on any part of the body can be quite annoying. Read on for more information on what causes red blotchy rashes to appear on the skin and how can one get rid of them…
Of late you have noticed that several parts of your body have a severe itching sensation and you are unable to resist the urge to scratch. But once the itching has died down you notice that there is an appearance of blotchy skin rash in that region. This can be quite unsightly, especially if it is on the exposed parts of the body. There are several types of skin rashes, which are quite bothersome. If you are wondering what may be the reasons for the occurrence of blotches on the skin, which can also be itchy in nature, then scroll down to find out about the causes and the methods to treat and bring this skin disorder under control.
Causes of Blotchy Skin Rash
There can be a number of reasons why blotchy skin may appear on various regions in the body. Here are some of the causes of noticing rashes all over the body which may be bumpy or blotchy.
- One of main reasons for noticing skin rashes is exposure to the harsh environment like pollutants or irritants, residue makeup and prolonged exposure to the sun’s harmful rays. Even if there is a dramatic change in the body temperature, it may result in the appearance of skin rashes. Appearance of blotches on the skin is also one of the early signs of sunburn.
- Blotchy rashes on the back can be due to a skin condition known as rosacea. In this condition, the rashes may begin as tiny pustules filled with pus that may enlarge in a period of time and spread to other parts of the body. In case of severity, it can enlarge the sebaceous glands, which may also result in skin blotches on the torso.
- The presence of fungal infections can cause blotchy skin on the legs or arms. Scratching these rashes can aggravate them and cause inflammation due to broken skin. Excessive sweating can also cause ugly skin patches in the folds of the skin.
- Measles and chickenpox, which are the effects of the presence of bacteria or virus, are also one of the reasons for noticing blotchy rash on the skin. This condition can be mostly seen in children.
- Other causative factors for the appearance of large, red patches on the skin which can be itchy in nature are skin disorders like dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis and shingles, also known as herpes zoster etc.
A skin rash may be dry or oozing with pus, based on the causative factor. There are many signs, with the help of which a rash can be identified. A skin rash may be accompanied by other symptoms, indicating the presence of an underlying health disorder. Most of the time, a rash may appear reddish and raised slightly from the surrounding area. Dry and flaky (or scaly) skin, with itching is also one of the signs of a rash. When the rash oozes fluid or pus, then it is a sign of an infection, which has aggravated. It is essential to treat skin rashes in the initial stages to curb their spread and inflammation.
Treating Blotchy Skin
The presence of skin rash can be quite irritating, both cosmetically as well as physically. Determining the exact cause of this condition can prove to be helpful in administering appropriate treatment. In case of sunburns or sun damage, applying generous amounts of sunscreen lotion before stepping out in the sun will prove to be helpful. Wearing appropriate clothing that allows the skin to breathe will also keep the skin dry and keep this condition at bay. Consult a dermatologist who may prescribe medications and creams for topical application to treat the red skin patches. Drinking plenty of water and fluids and making dietary changes will improve the overall health of the skin and keep such annoying disorders from affecting you. There are also various natural remedies to cure skin rash, that are quite effective.
These were some of the reasons and treatment methods for blotchy skin. Sudden appearance of rashes anywhere on the body can also be indicative of some underlying health disorder. Hence consult a dermatologist to get the exact diagnosis and keep unnecessary complications at bay. A proper skin care regimen, must also be followed to avoid the occurrence of any kind of skin problems. Wish you good health!