You need to follow the Candida diet plan if you wish to get rid of the infection soon. Presented below is the detailed food list for the diet.
Candida albicans is a fungus that is naturally found in the human body. It is harmless as long as its growth is checked. However, certain factors like excess consumption of sugar, use of antibiotics and birth control pills, etc. lead to Candida overgrowth which can result in a disease known as Candidiasis or yeast infection. The yeast infection is divided into two types: oral yeast infection and vaginal yeast infection. Both men and women can suffer from yeast infection. It can be treated with the help of medications as well as certain home remedies. However, following a proper diet can also help in quick relief.
Foods to Avoid in the Candida Diet
As mentioned above, Candidiasis is caused due to excess consumption of sugar. Therefore, sugar and sugar containing foods should be avoided in a Candida diet for yeast infection treatment. Second in the list are yeast and yeast containing products. They should be avoided as there is already an overgrowth of yeast and further intake can aggravate the yeast infection.
- Raw sugar, sugar syrups, honey, white sugar, other sweeteners, maple syrup, rice syrup, corn syrup, sorghum, maple sugar, molasses.
- Yeast, Brewer’s yeast, fermented foods, baked foods like breads, rolls, muffins, biscuits, crackers, bagels, pastries (as they contain yeast).
- Fruits like apples, bananas, cherries, dates, dried fruits, figs, grapes, mangoes, pears, pineapple, sugar beet, sugarcane, etc.
- Gluten containing foods like bread, pasta, rice, barley, whole grains, cereals, etc.
- Drinks formed by fermentation like beer, brandy, gin, whiskey, rum, vodka, etc.
- Vinegar and all types of it. Also, vinegar containing products like salad dressings, sauces, pickles, mincemeat, etc.
- Most of the processed foods like chips, sodas, cheese, peanut butter, lunch meat, ham, macaroni and cheese, mushrooms, chocolates, caffeine containing drinks like coffee, tea, etc.
If you are suffering from any food allergies or food intolerance like lactose intolerance or gluten intolerance, it is better to stay away from these foods as consuming these foods can trigger off yeast infection.
Foods Safe to Consume
Many foods can be safely consumed when on a Candida yeast diet. Vegetables, nuts and seeds, etc. can be included in the daily diet. On the other hand, proteins should also be included in the Candida yeast infection diet as proteins keep the amount of sugar in check. The foods listed below can be safely consumed on a Candida diet plan.
- Vegetables like asparagus, avocado, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, cucumber, eggplant, kale, okra, onions, peppers, radish, spinach, Swiss chard, tomatoes, turnip, etc.
- Candida diet desserts include yogurt and strawberries, raspberries and blackberries.
- Nuts and seeds like cashew, almonds, pecans and pumpkin seeds.
- Kidney beans (sprouted), peas, black beans, tofu, soybean, lentils, etc.
- Herbal tea, green tea, ginger tea, peppermint tea; soy milk, protein shakes, almond milk (all unsweetened), etc.
- Eggs, beef, chicken, fish, duck, turkey, pork, goose, goat, mutton, etc.
- Whole wheat flour, millet, quinoa, basmati rice, etc.
- Virgin coconut oil, olive oil, ghee, butter, sesame oil, flax oil, etc.
- Low-fat butter and cottage cheese.
You should try to adhere to this diet plan for quick relief. Remember to simply avoid yeast and sugar in any form and you can surely get yeast infection and Candida related issues under control. Lastly, note that this diet is to be followed only on consulting a doctor. Take care!