Cranberries are a collection of small, evergreen bushes, mainly found in the northern hemisphere. The height of this dwarf shrub ranges from 5 to 20 cm. The size of the fruits of this plant are larger than that of the size of the leaves. When the fruit is raw, it is white in color. The color changes to deep red after the fruit ripens completely. The plant has pink flowers, which are pollinated by honeybees. For harvesting cranberries, the bed is flooded with water which is six to eight inches above the vine.
It is said that a single cranberry pill has nutrients that are equal to almost eight glasses of cranberry juice―this also depends on the concentration of cranberry in the pills. Cranberries can be consumed in different forms, like, juice, pills, sauce, sweetened and dried, and tincture. Since the pills contain a large amount of cranberry, the positive effects of these pills are observed within a short period of time. Though cranberries are largely consumed during the thanksgiving week and Christmas, it is advised that they be consumed all year round because of the varied benefits that they provide for.
In the following sections of this HealthHearty article, we will understand what the varied cranberry supplements benefits are.
What are cranberry pills used for? Cranberry pills are supplements which are prepared with the view of providing benefits that are essential for the body. Most of us do not consume an adequate quantity of this fruit as a part of our daily diet. Therefore, to reap all the good effects of cranberries, these supplements must be consumed. Here is what cranberry pills are good for.
- Cranberry pills can be used as a remedy for chronic bladder infections.
- It can also be used for curing jock itch. The pills contain nutrients and vitamins that help in balancing the pH level and also help in reducing the inflammation brought about by the condition.
- These pills are used for curing urinary tract infections. It kills the bacteria thus preventing any form of urinary infection.
- These pills reduce the risk of heart diseases, cancer, and other diseases that one may be afflicted by. They may also reduce the risk of kidney stones.
- Along with that, these pills also help in slowing down the growth of cancerous cells. These pills have antioxidant properties which help in the elimination of free radicals.
- Is cranberry a diuretic? Yes, it is. Which is why, another benefit that these pills offer is in the form of detoxification. They are helpful in the detoxification of the body, which is undertaken by flushing out the harmful buildup of toxins from the body.
- It is useful for cleansing the lymphatic system.
- These pills are high in vitamin C which helps in the promotion of a healthy immune system.
- The intake of these pills also helps in reducing overall weight, thus helping in fighting obesity.
- The plant sterols present in these pills have a beneficial effect on the cholesterol levels in the blood which thus helps in reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- They are also a good source of essential vitamins required by our body.
- Cranberry juice being a natural diuretic, helps in relieving bloating during the menstrual cycle.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is solely for educating the reader. It is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a medical expert.