People diagnosed with diabetes crave for sweets. This write-up suggests some dessert recipes for diabetics sans all that harmful sugar.
A lot of people these days suffer from diabetes. When a person is diagnosed with this disorder, it is natural that there is a lot of food restrictions, which are imposed on that person. Making sweet dishes for them is indeed a difficult task. Actually, in general, cooking itself is a big task to be accomplished for such people. These dessert recipes for diabetics given in the paragraphs below will prove to be of help at such times. Using them, one can make delicious food easily.
List of Recipes
In this write up, we will see some healthy sweet dish options for patients whose blood sugar is high. The dishes will include fudge, ice creams, cakes, etc. This will ensure that you have a wide variety to choose from when you decide to make them.
- 1 ½ cup Whole Milk
- 13 oz Evaporated Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Sugar Substitute
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Beat the eggs well using an egg beater. Alternatively, you can also make use of hand blender for the same.
- In another bowl, combine evaporated milk and sugar substitute together.
- Stir till all sugar is dissolved in the milk.
- Then, add milk to the mixture, and stir well so that a mixture of running consistency is formed.
- Now, add vanilla extract to the mixture followed by beaten eggs.
- Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker. See the instructions manual to know how to freeze ice cream.
- Savor the ice cream after it is frozen.
- 1 Unbaked Pastry Shell
- 20 oz can Unsweetened Sliced Apple
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar Substitute
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Apple Flavoring
- 1 ½ tsp Apple Pie Spice
- ½ tsp Vanilla Flavoring
- 1 tsp Powdered Butter Flavoring
- ½ cup Cornflakes
- Crush the cornflakes finely and keep them aside.
- Drain all liquid from sliced apple.
- Place the pastry shell in the baking pan.
- Now, place the drained apple slices on the pastry shell.
- Add some water to the apple spice, and make ¼ cup apple spice liquid with it.
- To the apple spice liquid, add cornstarch and mix till the cornstarch is well dissolved in it.
- Now, add sugar substitute, and both, the vanilla and apple flavoring and stir well.
- After it is well mixed, pour it over the apple slices.
- Top it with butter flavoring and cornflakes.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and let the apple pie bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 425°F.
- Insert a toothpick in the center to check if the pie is well baked before you remove it from the oven. It is ready to be served.
- 1 can Evaporated Milk
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Liquid Sugar Substitute
- 2 ½ cup Cracker Crumbs
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Nuts
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a saucepan, combine milk and cocoa powder together.
- Continue to stir the mixture so that lumps are not formed in it.
- Now, add butter and liquid sweetener to the milk mixture and stir continuously again.
- Let it come to a rolling boil, and then, add nuts, vanilla extract, 2 cups of cracker crumbs, and salt to the mixture and stir well.
- Let the mixture cool for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make 32 portions of the mixture and make balls with it.
- Roll the balls in the remaining crumbs, and place it in the refrigerator to chill.
- Enjoy your fudge.
These were some of the simple recipes for diabetics. If you do not want to use sugar substitute, you can make use of natural sweeteners, like honey. It will certainly make the dish taste much better. You can also make use of sweet fruits to add a sweet taste. Fruits can also be used for decoration. Also, remember not to use too much of sugar substitute.