One of the best ways to increase testosterone level is exercising. Go through this article for some tips regarding the same.
Testosterone is the male hormone produced in the testes and the adrenal glands. It gives men certain definitive male characteristics such as facial hair, deeper voice, higher muscle mass, and aggressive behavior.
Typically, the production of testosterone begins around the time of puberty. It starts to decrease slowly in your 30s; and drops by about 1% every year. However, sometimes the testosterone levels in men can drop due to various reasons. A decrease in the level of testosterone may cause loss of libido, impotence, loss of lean muscles, increase in body fat, fatigue, and depression. This makes men prone to high blood pressure, bone fractures, cardiovascular diseases, osteoporosis, and sleep disorders.
However, there is hope! One can increase the testosterone level with the right exercise and diet plan. This is the best way to get back to your normal testosterone level without using any medicine. Here is an outline of a simple procedure that will illustrate the point.
- Consult a professional and discuss the health issues that you have. This will help the professional devise the right exercise program for you. Similarly, a dietician may help you work out the right diet plan.
- Don’t go overboard. Try and lose one pound per week. There is no necessity of starving yourself and exercising. When you reduce intake of calories by 15% or more, the body reduces production of testosterone.
- Avoid getting into fad diets. These will not help you as you have a specific problem to counter.
- Stick to the exercises that are recommended by the professional. Don’t lift weights that you cannot manage. The ideal workout regime should include exercises that involve several muscle groups.
- Eat the right foods. Foods, like peanuts are good for testosterone production. If you feel like having a midnight snack, go for such foods.
- Reduce intake of alcohol, coffee and tea. This helps with your exercise and diet regimen; and prevents depletion of testosterone in the body. This is because caffeine increases blood pressure and stresses the adrenal gland. Alcohol acts as a depressant and reduces the level of testosterone in the male body.
- Follow the diet plan. Eat a good breakfast, a nice lunch and a light dinner.
- Take enough rest. It is essential to get back to your normal testosterone level. Resting your body gives it time to revitalize and re-energize for the next day. This will also reduce fatigue and stress-related symptoms.
In short, following a regular diet and exercise plan will help increase your testosterone level, and help you get back to your regular life.