Constant fatigue and shortness of breath are most probably symptoms of an underlying health condition. If the symptoms persist, it is best to consult a physician at the earliest. The following article provides information about the various causes, associated symptoms, and treatment options available for this condition.
It is common for a person to experience shortness of breath once in a while, but if the condition persists and is accompanied by fatigue then it is important to get medical help. This condition may develop due to various reasons, but correct diagnosis is essential to determine a treatment plan. It is important not to ignore these symptoms and give them proper treatment to prevent the condition from worsening.
- A person may experience a general feeling of weakness throughout the day, with an inability to do even basic daily chores with ease.
- Fever and chills are some other symptoms.
- One may experience trouble in thinking clearly, and may find oneself dazed all the time.
- Wheezing, even when trying to breathe normally may also occur.
- One may feel bloated, especially in the arms and legs, due to lack of proper breathing.
- Restlessness and the inability to lie flat on the bed comfortably, and often waking up through the night are few other symptoms.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Anxiety, or constant panic and worry over even minor issues, can cause fatigue. It may seem slightly unrealistic, but it is a fact that certain emotional experiences are sometimes so powerful that they cause physical disabilities.
- Insomnia: It is common for a person affected by insomnia to experience tiredness. However, in some cases, the effect of less sleep is a new set of problems that includes shortness of breath.
- Heart Disease: Tiredness and breathlessness usually occur as a result of an oncoming or already passed heart disease. The heart is what keeps the human body going, and a problem with it will definitely lead to further problems. Apart from this, the role of oxygen in the normal functioning of the heart is well-known. Therefore there is no surprise that a heart disease may cause tiredness and breathing difficulty.
- Obesity: Again, obesity or excess body weight is a cause for general lethargy which leads to fatigue. Performing simple tasks may become difficult for a person due to his/her weight. Obesity may even result in other health problems such as heart disease.
- Anemia: Hemoglobin is the oxygen-carrying component of the blood cells, and anemia which results in loss of hemoglobin causes lack of sufficient oxygen in the body. This leads to shortness of breath, and subsequently tiredness.
- Asthma: An asthma attack as a result of exposure to dust and various other allergens may cause the constriction of the bronchial tubes. As a result, one may experience breathlessness and tiredness due to lack of enough air.
In order to cure extreme fatigue and accompanying shortness of breath, it is important to address the aforementioned conditions and treat them. Also, if the condition is serious then undergoing treatment under the supervision of a doctor is the only way to cure these problems. Certain measures can be taken to prevent this condition, or they can be used as a supplement to the actual treatment for this condition.
- Changing the kind of food one eats will make a difference and eliminate fatigue. A balanced diet with a good exercise regime will make you feel fresh.
- Even resorting to yoga combined with deep breathing exercises is known to cure the human body of practically all kinds of ailments, or at least, reduce the degree of seriousness of the ailment.
- One may also join certain group activities such as a laughter club or just spend quality time with family, or indulge in a massage.
- Overlooking adequate rest and relaxation, and sleep is a mistake everyone makes with regard to overall well-being. It is of prime importance to give the body the rest it needs for it to function normally.
Do not try out any of these techniques to overcome the problem without getting a physical examination to determine the cause of this condition. It may be serious and ignoring it is not an option.
Disclaimer: This HealthHearty article is for informative purposes only and does not, in any way, intend to replace the advice of a medical expert.