Treating arthritis is one of the most important benefits of glucosamine chondroitin. This article will give you more information on these compounds and its benefits to the human body.
Glucosamine chondroitin MSM is a combination of three compounds that is used to treat several diseases in the human body, especially arthritis. Glucosamine is an amino sugar that is naturally found in the human body. It plays an important role in the production of certain proteins and lipids in the body. Chondroitin, a derivative of chondrin, is a naturally occurring nutrient found in all mammals. Methyl Sulphynol Methane (MSM) is a natural sulfur compound that is essential to carry out different functions in the body. These three are available in the form of dietary supplements or combination tablets, and are used in a combination for greater effectiveness in treating diseases.
Glucosamine Chondroitin Benefits
Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate are available as dietary supplements that should be taken with the doctor’s consultation. One of the most important glucosamine and chondroitin benefits is its use in arthritis treatment. It is used to ease the pain and to get rid of the symptoms of arthritis by rebuilding cartilage in the body. Chondroitin, specially, helps in slowing down the progression of arthritis in human beings. Glucosamine chondroitin also aids in treating the inflammation caused due to arthritis.
Let us take a look at some other chondroitin, glucosamine, MSM benefits:
- Glucosamine chondroitin helps in increasing the production of hyaluronic acid which is a component of synovial fluid. This fluid helps in lubricating joints.
- One of the other glucosamine sulfate benefits is that it is used in the human body to help build cartilage.
- Glucosamine chondroitin also help in enhancing the repair process of the body naturally.
- MSM, specially has several benefits. It helps in balancing hormones and controlling the activity of enzymes in the body.
- Another benefit includes promotion of healthy joint function by reducing swelling and pain. They also aid in improving the flexibility of the joints.
- Apart from the above mentioned benefits; these compounds are also believed to help in treatment of glaucoma, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, heart diseases and anemia.
- Peculiarly, these compounds are also believed to be helpful in weight loss.
One should consult the doctor before going for these individual dietary supplements or combination tablets. One of the most important thing to note is that the effects of these compounds (dietary supplements) are not seen immediately. It may take days, weeks or even months for the effects of these compounds to appear as tissue repair is a slower process. So, you must be wondering, are there any side effects associated with these dietary supplements? Let us take a look at it.
Glucosamine Chondroitin Side Effects
There are no known severe side effects. However, in some cases glucosamine can lead to temporary gastrointestinal disorders, diarrhea, nausea, etc. On the other hand, glucosamine chondroitin MSM is believed to lower the level of insulin in the body. Therefore, people suffering from diabetes are advised against consumption of this dietary supplement. Whereas, children and people suffering from chronic diseases may be sensitive to the effects of this dietary supplement or may even suffer from a negative reaction. Hence, they are advised to stay away from it or consult the doctor before going for it. Also, these supplements need to be taken only in the prescribed doses or they can lead to side effects.
Although there are many claimed benefits, debates still go on about the effectiveness of these compounds. However, if you wish to go for it, you can consult your doctor. Take care!