Bored of having sticky hands all the time? The following article will take you through some ways in which you can get rid of this condition and expect some relief in return.
It happens just as suddenly and you notice that you’re experiencing clammy hands. And what a yucky feeling it is. All moist and sticky, not to mention embarrassing as hell. So then you rub your hands furiously over your sides and poof they’re clean again…only to come back after a while. Disgusting, isn’t it? What’s with these sticky hands anyway? You wash them, keep rubbing them and they’re still coming back and making your life a misery. The deal is, it’s not as simple as it looks, there are several reasons for why this condition comes about, which is what we will be discussing in the following article. And while we are at that, we’ll also tell you how to get rid of clammy hands and make them smooth again.
Causes of the Condition
Let’s get to what causes them in the first place. Clammy hands can be caused by several reasons and it helps to know what these reasons are because it is generally understood that by dealing with the root cause, the problem is effectively solved.
Clammy hands come about because it is one’s body’s way to keep the body temperature at normal. For the smooth functioning of all the organs, the body has to maintain a balanced temperature. When there is any stressful situation or an infliction of some condition, it leads to the body producing chemicals which raise the temperature. This can be very harmful for the body and that’s why the body produces sweat whereby the raised temperatures can be brought to normal. Any stressful situation therefore will lead to this condition. These situations could include stress, anger, being nervous, impaired ventilation and profusion of heat.
Sometimes, however, there is a malfunction in the body and it can cause for a hyperactive nervous system. Which means that even in the absence of any external stimuli it can still be a cause for a sticky hands.
Another reason for why this condition comes about is because of a problem in the peripheral circulatory system. The lymph nodes and blood vessels that are responsible for transporting blood to the hands get constricted and one of the symptoms that they produce is that of clammy hands.
There are also certain other that can lead to clammy skin as well. Here are some of the same:
- Heart attack
- Anxiety disorder
- Heat stroke
- Cold climate
Cures for this Condition
So how to get rid of clammy hands and make sure that this problem does not come back again? Here are the main solutions that you can use:
- In case the problem is excessive and none of the simpler solutions seem to be making any progress, then the only option left is to have a surgery whereby the sweat glands are gotten rid of.
- Then again there are simple solutions like rubbing talcum powder from time to time which soaks the excess sweat and leads to clean and dry hands.
- Soaking your hands in tea for sometime everyday will help to get rid of the excess sweat by drying out the hands.
- Rubbing hands with cornstarch will also work just as talcum powder does and will help to dry out the hands.
- There are certain creams that help to dry the sweat and block the excess production of the same. These need to be taken in consultation with the doctor.
- One can also use antiperspirant creams and gels on the palms so that the stickiness is gotten rid of.
This condition can get to be very irritating to deal with and that’s why it helps to know how to get rid of clammy hands. With these solutions in hand, you can rest assured that clammy hands won’t be a problem that will be bothering you again.