The following article deals with certain remedies for itchy bug bites. If you’ve ever been bitten by these and need some solutions for the same, the following article will get you some great solutions.
A bug bite can lead to some very unpleasant side effects that might sometimes be quite severe. Dealing with these becomes imperative. In this following HealthHearty article, we will go into the details of the kind of symptoms (both, mild and severe) that these big bites may lead to and the steps that should be administered for relief.
Before getting into the nitty-gritty of how to deal with the problem, first let’s understand what happens when you are bitten. Apart from the fact that the bites will lead to itching, there are a few other signs of bug bites as well. These are the following.
Depending on the kind of bite that has been administered and whether you are prone to allergies, the intensity of the bites will vary. Most bites will only lead to redness and itching, while some others will cause swelling.
So how exactly do you go about treating these bug bites on feet, hands, back and other difficult-to-reach places? There are two ways to look at it―the treatment that you undergo after you’ve been bitten, and the ways in which you prevent these bites.
In case of prevention, things like―covering yourself as much as possible when you go into the outdoors (where there is a possibility of an attack), spraying repellents before you step out, avoiding breeding grounds, etc are some ways in which you can prevent these itchy bug bites.
The following are some remedies that you can take up to lessen the effect of these bites and bring about some relief:
- Wash the area thoroughly with an anti-bacterial soap so that an infection is prevented.
- Apply some ice for the swelling to go down.
- Once the swelling has subsided, apply an antiseptic, over-the-counter cream to prevent further infection.
- If you want to go in for natural remedies, try any of these―fresh aloe vera pulp, vinegar, toothpaste, calamine lotion, or witch hazel.
- Try rubbing the inside of a banana peel on the swollen area. It’ll provide instant relief.
- Mix baking soda and vinegar and apply a thick paste on the bug bite.
- Mix equal quantities of lavender and vegetable oil and apply it on the bite to reduce the swelling and itching.
- Take a raw onion, cut it into half, and press it down hard on the bitten area. The toxins that have been released into the body will get dispelled with this and provide relief.
- There are several types of medication that are available, like anti-allergy, anti-itching tablets etc. These can be made use of for bug bites that itch as well.
- If you find that the symptoms and signs are getting severe, like difficulty in breathing, onset of wheezing, faintness, and lowered reflexes, then contact your doctor immediately. It could be an emergency.
And there you have it. The bugs will administer their itchy bug bites, and you will counter-attack with the remedies. And so we will keep at it.
Disclaimer – This article is for informative purposes only and does not in any way attempt to replace the advice offered by an expert on the subject.