There is a need to carry through some of the most effective neck spasm exercises if one hopes to recover from the condition soon enough. In this following article we will focus on the different forms of these exercises and how to go about them.
Have you ever felt the muscles in your arm or thighs, or maybe just below the eyes twitch with uncontrollable movements? Doesn’t it feel weird? Neck spasms are exactly like that, except of course, in the neck region. When the neck muscles start contracting without your control, they not only cause discomfort but also mild or intense pain in the neck region. This pain can also be transferred to the shoulders or the arm. This can come about if there is a pinched nerve. Which will then lead to more pain and discomfort. Since an injury to the neck will hamper all normal activities, there is a need to undertake certain neck spasm exercises and ensure that the pain, discomfort, twitching and the muscle pull is taken care of. In this following article we will go through some of the neck muscle spasm exercises and understand how to take them through successfully.
Exercises for Neck Spasms
One of the best ways to carry through the treatment for neck spasms is to ensure that you bring into action some of the most effective rehabilitation exercises.
- Place your hands behind your neck and then turn the head to the right.
- Increase the pressure on your hands and push the head further down in the direction of the chest on the right side.
- Make sure that there is no pain of any kind, it should only feel like a stretch.
- Stay in this position for 15 seconds and then release.
- Then repeat on the left side and repeat each set 3 times on either side. This is one of the best exercises for muscle spasms in the neck.
- Stand in front of a mirror to ensure that you do this exercise well enough.
- Use your fingertips and place them gently over your chin.
- Then slowly start pushing the chin back so that there is a double chin effect brought into the picture.
- While doing this, focus on a spot in the distance and do not let go of that spot. This will ensure that you do not strain yourself.
- Hold this position for 5-8 seconds and release.
- Repeat 5 times.
- Keep your head straight and slowly start turning your head to the right side.
- Then place your right hand (the palm) over the left chin and exert a little pressure.
- You’ll feel the stretch intensify further.
- Hold the position for 5 counts and release.
- Repeat on the left side as well.
- Do both these exercises, 5 times each.
- This is a very simple exercise for how to stop neck spasms.
- Let your hands hang lightly by your side and then slowly lift your shoulder blades right up so that they can touch the ears.
- Lift them as high as you can till you feel a stretch and it does not cause any pain or spasms.
- Hold the position for 5 seconds and repeat the entire exercise 8 times.
Side to Side Stretch
- Sit comfortably and keep your head straight.
- Then slowly tilt your head to the right side.
- Hold the head in position with the help of your hands. But ensure that this does not intensify the pain in any way.
- Hold this position for 5 counts and release.
- Start over on the other side and repeat 5 counts again.
- This needs to be done 10 times on either side.
- Another very effective exercise is one that allows for maximum relaxation.
- Sit in a chair and place your hands behind your head.
- With the support of your hand, slowly look towards the ceiling.
- You’ll feel a stretch in the neck.
- Repeat this 10 times and you’ll feel an instant relief from the stiffness and tension in the neck.
Neck muscle spasms are very tough to deal with because they directly affect and cripple normal activity. That is why it becomes important to carry forth these neck spasm exercises so that the discomfort and pain can be dealt with effectively well.