Active-cultured probiotic brands are what people need to include in their diet on an occasional basis, to take advantage of what this much talked about concoction does for the human system.
Probiotic drinks and other related products are foods that are infused with microorganisms. These when ingested proves to be beneficial for the body. They are also mixed with dietary supplements, which can be bought as over-the-counter medications. These are also found in fermented/unfermented milk, miso, yogurt, tempeh, and other soy products.
There are naturally occurring organisms in the body mainly in one’s stomach, and these are more abundant in breast-feeding milk. There are different agents that are made to multiply in a product meant for edible use, like Bifidobacterium (or Lactobacillus), Saccharomyces boulardii, Lactobacillus acidophilus, and so on. Probiotic products come with these microorganisms, making it a very fulfilling food source that maintains and sustains the human body.
What Are the Best Brands in Probiotics?
The best of these probiotic formulas come in varied forms.
Health warning – Make sure that you look behind the product that must come with a detailed description of which active bacterial culture has been used in the product. Without this, you could be drinking something completely different and damaging your health in the process. Always opt for a brand that is trustworthy with years of known successful service.
Some popular ones have been mentioned below:
- GNC Natural Brand – Super Probiotic Complex
- Nature’s Way – PrimadophiLus Reuteri
- Amerifit Nutrition AZO Cranberry
- Fem Dophilus
- Solaray Multidophilus Lactic Flora
- Flora Boost Probiotic for Kids
- Yakult Probiotic Drink
- Danone Activia Yogurt
- Primadophilus Optima
- Amerifit Nutrition – Culturelle HS Probiotic
- Dr. Ohhira Probiotics 12 Plus Original Formula
- Theralac Probiotic Master Supplement
- Innate Response Flora
Health Benefits of Probiotics
It is important to consult a doctor before starting out on a regimen that involves the use of probiotics. If you go for say yogurt or drinks, don’t have it on a regular basis. It is recommended to have it only 2 – 3 times a week at the most.
Some health benefits have been listed below:
• Prevents the growth of extra bacteria in the small intestine
• Bowel movements are proper
• Blood pressure is lowered
• Can help those suffering from lactose intolerance
• Prevents colon cancer
• Helps to get rid of atopic eczema
• Helps fight against traveler’s/children’s diarrhea
• Prevents the growth of candida (yeast)
• Stunts of growth of certain tumors
• Decreases the chances of acquiring allergies
• Helps those suffering from the following diseases or combats them if one has it.
» Irritable bowel syndrome
» Crohn’s disease
» Celiac disease
» Inflammatory bowel disease
» Ulcerative colitis
» Stage IV AIDS
• Makes one feel full and combats the problem of binging
• Gives relief to those suffering from antibiotic-induced diarrhea
• Immune system is strengthened
• Mineral absorption takes place properly
• Body fat gets metabolized
• Treats those suffering from vaginitis
Ensure to get your facts checked, and consult a physician before starting the intake of probiotic supplements or other forms of enhanced medications. Have a healthy tomorrow.
Disclaimer: This HealthHearty article is for informative purposes only and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.