There are a number of instances, when you suddenly feel your body is hurting. Your muscles have developed sudden enmity, making it impossible for you to move, leave alone the question of locomotion. You try to revert to what you did yesterday; that may be the plausible cause of such an excruciating bout of pain in your shoulders and your thighs.
Sore muscles, thought to have no reason, is a mundane trouble faced by an individual. Due to an exertion in their physical activity, they have ended up with sore muscles. There are times when you have your muscles aching due to muscle spasms, tissue damage, and muscle damage. This, in turn damages the nerves causing cellular impairment. Stationed at one place for hours, can also lead to a stinging pain in your thigh muscles, the potency of which, may cause them to develop sensitivity.
You may feel that you have sore legs and you are sure to find the reason all by yourself without any expert assistance. Well, if the pain persists, you might as well consult the practitioner, and follow his prescribed treatment.
- Before you say that you have soreness in muscles for no reason whatsoever, it would be beneficial for you, to pay attention to your weight issues. If you have been suffering from obesity, you are sure to have put your leg on a perpetual 'workout' plan.
- Standing for prolonged periods can cause the individual to develop sore muscles.
- If your lifestyle is sedentary and does not involve much movement; however, it is when you shift your perspective and indulge in strenuous activities, that you suffer from muscle soreness in the leg.
- Muscle soreness can also take place due to muscle bruising. Also known as muscle contusion, this type of soreness can occur if you have been a part of contact sports such as basketball, or soccer.
- Quadriceps Strain is also responsible for eliciting pain in the upper thigh area. This makes walking difficult. The individual needs crutches to move, and an immediate swelling of this area is felt, when the pain is abnormally elevated.
- Muscle soreness is referred to as muscle fever or DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). This is the kind of pain typically experienced, several hours post workout. The pain and the rigidity that is faced by the upper thigh is immense.
- If the muscles get sore due to intense wear and tear, the pain is bound to be agonizing.
- If you are finding your leg muscles getting extremely stiff and it is becoming increasingly difficult to move, you could try the home treatment method for 2 to 3 days. However, if the muscles still feel crouched, you may seek medical help at the earliest.
- If there is any redness for an unexplainable reason, you must not take the risk and wait further. An expert consult is what you need. You may have an infection, which has a better explanation resting in the practitioners mind.
- There are chances that you develop fever along with sore thigh muscles.
- You may need ample rest. Avoid indulging in any activity whatsoever.
- Ice packs provide great relief. You may place the ice pack on the affected area. Ensure that the ice pack is large enough to cover the entire area.
- You can take over-the-counter medication that helps one recover faster. If you are reverting to medication, you may garner advice from the practitioner and only then administer the medication.
- Elevating the affected area; the thigh in this regard, provides relief.
- Compression bandages can be wrapped around the affected area. Make sure that the bandage is not tied too tightly.
- Try to stretch your muscles slowly. Don't force yourself to make the moves. If you are comfortable with a gradual muscle stretch, you may opt for it. This will maintain good blood flow, thereby helping the upper thigh muscles, that have been damaged, to heal faster.
- Periodically, you may apply a pain-relieving balm to ease the muscle strain. The cream that has essential extracts can make the muscles feel better. They also provide a numbing effect to the affected area, thereby reducing the pain that is experienced by the injured and ailing muscles.
* This May Help *
Cayenne pepper is known to have therapeutic properties with regard to absolving stiff muscles. This form of spice contains capsaicin; a key component that reduces pain with continual application. The University of Maryland Medical Center opines that capsaicin cream containing 0.025 - 0.075% of the ingredient must be subtly massaged onto the affected area to reduce muscle pain and soreness. However, avoid application while using hot compress to prevent scalding of the skin.
Sore thigh muscles can be caused due to various reasons. I hope you don't feel that your thigh muscles, for no reason, are giving you trouble. If you ever experience muscle aches and spasms, it would be to your advantage to take complete rest to get well soon. If you follow your practitioners' prescription and perform self-healing methods, your thigh muscles would certainly have a steeplechase recovery.
Disclaimer: The article published herein, is meant to accomplish pedagogical purposes only. The recommendations mentioned hereby may not be generically applicable. The information, by no means, intends to supplant the diagnosis and advice imparted by the medical practitioner.