Like the other parts of your body, eyes are also a very important part of your existence. But if there is something wrong with your eyes there are a few vision problems which are observed. Take a look at such symptoms from the following article.
Your eyes are an amazing creation of nature which help you convert the waves of light which are absorbed into signals which your brain can understand. This in turn conveys an image to your eyesight and you can see it clearly. The eye consists of a few main parts which are the pupil, cornea, iris, lens, sclera, optical nerve and the retina.
When all these parts of the eye work in unison with each other, a perfect image is seen. But when there is even a single defect within any part of the eye, there can be vision problems. Like every disease in the body can be diagnosed only when its symptoms are seen, so are the vision correction problems.
When you start having vision problems, it is best to get your eyes checked as you never know what the problem could be. Find out what are some of these eye vision problem symptoms in children as well as adults, mentioned in the following paragraphs.
Since there are a number of eye problems which are observed related to many parts of the eye, there are innumerable symptoms which also come with them. Some of these symptoms are common to many diseases irrespective of vision problems per se, many diseases in the body are related to the parts of the eyes as well. Therefore, a few major vision problems symptoms are mentioned below for you to take a look!
- Farsightedness is a symptom, where there is blurred vision when you are looking at near or far objects, also known as being hyperopic.
- Nearsightedness is severe blurred vision observed when you are watching distant objects, also known as myopic.
- Color blindness, where, there is difficulty in distinguishing the shades of a color or the intensity of it. This symptom can suggest a problem in color perception. These problems are not known by the patients until tested and occurs mainly in males.
- Astigmatism is also a symptom where blurred vision occurs at any distance and this is a symptom which can occur for many other serious vision problems.
- In the case of night blindness, there is difficulty in distinguishing objects in dim light or especially in the dark.
- Eye floaters are commonly known as tiny particles which drift across the eye, obstructing your vision temporarily.
- There are a few symptoms which are seen in patients suffering from cataracts and they have weaker vision during the nighttime, very hazy vision in bright light and normal light, appearance of colors as faded or yellowed, overlapping images or more than single vision observed in one eye only. An opaque appearance of the normally dark pupil is the biggest sign of a cataract eye infection. Also seen is painful inflammation within the eye when all the above symptoms are ignored.
- When a retinal detachment is seen, a person can suffer from symptoms like flashes of light, feeling of a curtain above your eye (blurry vision), and finally complete loss of vision.
- In case of the symptoms of peripheral vision problems like temporal arteritis, there is inflammation of a particular artery in the brain which is responsible for the blood supply to the optic nerve.
- Glaucoma is also one of the most common vision problems which could have symptoms like poor night vision, vision loss on either sides, increased eye pressure and also blind spots.
- During brain tumors or migraine headaches there are symptoms like light spots and blurred vision.
If you are suffering from these symptoms, you may have a vision defect. So, make sure you visit a doctor as soon as possible and get your eyesight checked to diagnose the exact cause behind these problems.