The really important question about can herpes be cured will be dealt within the article that follows. Continue reading for more details on the same.
Herpes is a condition that is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV) and is characterized by the formation of blisters, skin rashes, and cold sores through the body. These make way either as genital herpes in which there are blisters formed near the genitals, or on the face and mouth, especially near the mouth. These are extremely painful and uncomfortable and can lead to the formation of pus as well.
When herpes are formed on the face, it is more commonly referred to as cold sores or fever blisters. This is a contagious condition and the virus can be passed on with close physical contact like kissing or sexual intercourse. In the following sections, we will look at the workings of this virus and the cures of the same.
The Workings of the Herpes Virus
If you’ve ever had chickenpox or cold sores, then you have the herpes virus in your body. This is because it is the same virus that causes herpes. When the virus enters your body the first time, it causes a breakout and then lies dormant in your nervous system. It therefore gets stored into the roots of the nervous system and keeps causing an outbreak to happen over and over again. This condition can get recurring when the immune system is compromised by way of trauma, a weakness, or an infection of some other kind. At such a time, the herpes virus wakes from its dormant condition and makes a comeback causing the cold sores to occur again.
Why does this happen? This happens because the immune system cannot eliminate and eradicate the herpes virus permanently from the nervous system. It cannot do that because the virus is minuscule and hidden well within the nervous system so that the immune system cannot detect it. All that the immune system can do is that it can produce antibodies for when there is an outbreak. But the core problem is never cured and therefore the virus keeps making a comeback.
Since the immune system creates antibodies for the virus every time it resurfaces, the recurring period of the virus gets lessened such that herpes outbreak gets reduced and even if it comes forth, it dies down faster. But since the virus is still present in the nervous system, it can make a comeback at any point of time.
The Cure for Herpes
How can herpes be treated or cured? Here are a few steps that you can use for a herpes cure.
- If one has cold sores or fears that they might have caught the virus, then they need to limit physical contact with others so that the virus does not spread. Similarly, if you doubt someone has the virus, stay away.
- If your partner has cold sores or genital herpes then try to refrain from kissing, and do not have sex without a condom.
- Have plenty of water to bring a calming effect on the inflamed body. So also to flush out the toxins from the body and with that the virus.
- Use 2-3 garlic cloves as an effective oral herpes treatment. These help to boost the immune system and thereby help in curing the virus faster. One can apply the juice to the sores as well.
- Gently dab the area with baking soda or cornstarch to dry the sore out and relieve the itching sensation.
- Use the pulp of the aloe vera plant. This has very effective medicinal properties that help with the burning and the inflammation and lead to curing the sores faster.
- One can also take several over-the-counter medication forms that include antiviral agents as well as pain medicines.
Can herpes be cured? The symptoms of the same can most definitely be cured, but the virus by itself is difficult to eradicate. Yet, as the immune system gets stronger, there are fewer chances that the herpes virus will make a comeback over and over again, therefore leading to relief.
Disclaimer – This HealthHearty article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.