Do your friends and colleagues comment that you look tired? Are you tired of answering this question? Then you may opt for an eye lift/eyelid lift surgery. Read the following article which provides information on eye lift cost and a few facts about ptosis repair surgery.
Eyelid lift surgery has gained tremendous popularity in recent years in the United Sates. It is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures. It involves pulling and tightening the skin around the eyes through invisible incisions. Women and men both have been successfully changing their facial appearances through eyelid surgeries since several decades. People find this surgery worthwhile as it can literally reverse aging.
A person may look tired or older due to sagging eyebrows, bags under the eyes, or wrinkled folds of the skin on the upper eyelids. Eye lift surgery can effectively change your look as it improves face asymmetry or makes the eyes more open and attractive. Without this surgery, it would have been impossible to think about any such changes. Eyelid lift surgery or blepharoplasty is usually performed to remove excess skin as well as fat on upper and/or lower eyelids.
Generally drooping eyelids or ptosis of the eye is repaired by performing blepharoplasty. The surgery is mostly performed for cosmetic reasons. Ocuplastic surgeons, dermatologists, general ophthalmologists, or general plastic surgeons with specialization in ocuplasty can perform this surgery as they are trained in plastic and re-constructive surgeries of the eye.
Cost of Eye Lift Surgery
Blepharoplasty cost may or may not include any of the following:
- Surgeon’s fee
- Anesthesia fee
- Purchase and maintenance of surgical and technical equipment ( especially if some specific lasers are used)
- Rent for surgical and office facilities
- Other sterile and disposable materials
- Post-surgical enhancement and eye care if required
- Pre and post-operative evaluations
- Medications used before, during, and after surgery, eye drops, pain relievers, oral medications, etc.
Other factors which can add on to the cost are:
- Recovery time off from work
- Money spent on make-up to cover the bruising and swelling
- Some “other” types of costs include psychological costs. The eyelid lift surgery might cost you a bit psychologically to get acquainted with your new looks. Of course, the change will most likely be a positive one, but if you’re usually a shy person then the extra attention may be a bit of an issue. Your friends and relatives may question you about your looks, which might be embarrassing.
Cosmetic blepharoplasty can be performed on upper, lower, or both the eye lids. The cost may vary accordingly and is often related to the regional cost of living. However, it is lesser than the cost of most other types of plastic surgeries.
Average Eye Lift Cost
- Usually, lower eyelid lift surgery costs about USD 2,400, while the upper eyelid lift surgery costs about USD 2,100.
- Laser eyelid lift surgery usually costs higher than that of conventional blepharoplasty. It can cost anywhere between USD 3,000 and 5,000.
- The most substantial part of blepharoplasty’s cost is the surgeon’s fee. The average surgeon’s fee is around USD 2,600.
- The anesthetist may charge USD 400 – 600.
- The average eyelid lift surgery cost can range anywhere from about USD 2,000 to 7,000, depending upon the location, skills and experience of the surgeon, technology used, and nature of the problem.
- The surgical suite charge and the fee for facility use depends upon the amount of time spent there. Generally, surgical suite fee is about USD 500 for a single procedure (upper or lower eyelids) and varies between USD 800 and 1,000 for dual procedures (upper and lower eyelids). Eyelid lift surgery being an outpatient procedure, the health establishments generally ask for a low surgical suite fee.
- Eyelid lift surgery is often an elective procedure under most health insurance plans. Insurance companies generally do not consider it as ‘medically necessary’, therefore, such surgeries are often not covered by insurance. For an exception, when ‘ptosis repair’ is done to improve vision as the skin folds interfere too much with regular vision, insurance companies may cover all or part of the procedure’s cost.
In general, eye lift is a very safe procedure. Complications are rarely noticed during or after the surgery. Little bit of bruising and swelling for a week or so after blepharoplasty is absolutely normal. Cold compresses applied to the eyes help in relieving the pain and swelling. A brow lift offers a more lively and smart look. Eye lifts often result in a smooth area around the eyes, which gives the face a more youthful and charming look.