According to the latest statistics, the number of people suffering from heart diseases has increased drastically in recent years. There are number of factors that lead to heart diseases. It is considered as the number one killer in the modern times. Heart blockage is nothing but heart disease caused due to blocking of coronary arteries.
Heart Blockage in Men
As we know, heart diseases are caused when the coronary arteries get blocked due to high levels of cholesterol in the body. The plaque built up in the arteries prevents the transportation of blood and oxygen. The person experiences symptoms of heart blockage when one of the arteries gets blocked, or is partially blocked. When the oxygen supply gets disrupted, one experiences chest pain and consequently heart attack. Chest pain is one of the most significant and foremost heart block symptoms in men. Complete blocking of the arteries leads to death. Heart blockage is caused due to fat or cholesterol deposition in the arteries. However, other factors like stress, lack of exercise, high blood pressure, are also some of the major causes of heart diseases in people. Although, earlier, heart diseases were observed only in older males, nowadays, the condition can be seen in young adults.
Signs and Symptoms
As mentioned above, chest pain is the most prominent symptom of arterial blockage in the heart. Apart from these, one should also look out for the following heart infection symptoms in men:
- Excessive perspiration
- Pain in the chest, neck, jaw, left arm
- Tooth pain
- Nausea, vomiting
- Chest tightness
- Loss of consciousness
- Upper right abdominal pain
- Cold and clammy hands
Heart blockage symptoms are not to be taken lightly, as they can be life-threatening. It is essential to look for emergency medical treatment if any of these symptoms are observed. Heart diseases (in initial stages) can be reversed if quick treatment is made available. Coronary heart disease, heart blockage, can be treated with surgery. On the other hand, if you observe mild symptoms, you should look for preventive measure to avoid the condition from turning severe in the future.
If you observe early symptoms of heart blockage, you should make changes in your lifestyle to prevent heart attack. The following are some measures to be followed:
- If you are overweight and obese, reduce weight and try to maintain a healthy weight.
- Make changes in the diet and get rid of fatty and high cholesterol containing foods. Rather, include healthy and fresh foods in your daily diet.
- Reduce the intake of sodium in the diet, by excluding salty and fried foods
- Quit smoking and drinking
- If you are suffering from diabetes and hypertension, follow the diet and medications regularly.
- Lastly, as stress is one of the major causes of heart diseases, you should look for methods to reduce stress and have a happy life.
Lastly, note that, although the prognosis of heart diseases is fairly well, you need to continue living a healthy and scheduled lifestyle. Take care!
Disclaimer: The article is meant only to provide information. It is not to be substituted for doctor's advice.