Becoming a diabetic may not have been something that you could decide about, but controlling it is well in your hands. Find out if you can reverse diabetes from the information mentioned in the following article.
Diabetes mellitus is a very common condition that many people around the globe are suffering from. It is the condition where a person suffers from high blood sugar levels due to two reasons. It is because either the body does not produce sufficient insulin, which is the hormone that controls the blood sugar levels, or because the cells of the body don’t respond to the insulin that is produced.
When the blood sugar levels are increased, the body starts showing a number of symptoms which refer to the condition which we call diabetes. There are three major forms of this disorder, type 1, type 2, and gestational diabetes. Type 1 diabetes is the body’s failure to produce insulin, Type 2 results from the insulin resistance of the cells, and gestational diabetes occurs when there are higher blood glucose levels in the body during pregnancy. Though the first and the third forms are more dangerous for patients, type 2 diabetes is the form which can be controlled by a number of ways.
Reversing Diabetes Naturally
The thought of reversing diabetes should not be taken literally; when you have a disorder like diabetes, it cannot be reversed to normal conditions. When you have a hormonal imbalance such as low production of insulin in the body, it cannot be reversed back to complete production of insulin by cells. Here, reversing is referred to controlling of diabetes in many ways. This control can be done only in the case of Type 2 diabetes where there is insulin resistance by the cells in the body. Even though insulin is produced, the cells don’t respond, and thus, the blood sugar levels are not controlled by the hormone.
In this form of diabetes, because the insulin produced is of low amounts, it cannot convert the foods ingested into energy for the body’s functioning. Thus, the intake of the hormone insulin becomes necessary, and diabetes treatment is the answer. If diagnosed at an early stage, it is quite possible to minimize its effects and control it, so as it does not grow any further.
- Our diet being the best way of ingesting required nutrients, you can have a high fiber diet which is plant-based. Plants are rich in alkalinity, and thus, a diabetic diet with vegetables is very good to control diabetes.
- A high protein or fat diet, which is mainly animal diet, should be avoided strictly.
- Foods to avoid with diabetes would be sugars, white bread, sweetened beverages, and bananas, as they are high in carbohydrate content, which is not good for diabetes.
- Weight is also an important factor which affects diabetes, and you have to make sure you do not overeat to maintain it.
- Extra calories should be burnt by regular exercises, as it is important in case of juvenile diabetes.
- This will definitely help in keeping your blood pressure in control, and your cholesterol levels normal.
- If you believe in herbal medication, you can try natural home remedies to control diabetes.
- If you are on medication, make sure you take it regularly and not miss it.
- Fast foods should be avoided or eaten rarely. If you have a healthy lifestyle, the risks will surely be minimized.
- Stay away from alcohol, caffeine, cigarettes, and stressful life, as these also contribute in triggering the onset of diabetes.
- You should visit your doctor once every week and get yourself checked. Exercise regularly and also consume as many fruits as you can.
With these tips and information, I am sure you will benefit in some way. Diabetes, when out of control, is fatal; we should make sure we control its consequences in time and in a healthy manner.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is solely for educating the reader. It is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a medical expert.