Skin is made of three layers, the epidermis being the outermost layer. These layers function differently and change their state after a certain period of time. The epidermis naturally sheds off the dead skin cells, which are soon replaced by new cells. As the epidermis is the outermost layer it is more prone to come in contact with other harmful environmental factors. A slight change in the lifestyle or constant exposure to pollution or sun, can damage skin to a great extent. Skin peeling is one of the problems that can be caused due to these factors. Peeling skin can happen due to poor health conditions, the skin type, or less moisture. Skin ailments could affect a small part of the body or even spread all over. There are many treatments and remedies available to cure this problem. However, if the condition is serious then the person might have to seek the help of the dermatologist and begin the treatment to attain healthy skin. Sometimes lotions and creams and other such simple remedies help in curing the problem if one recognizes the problem at an early stage.
Peeling Skin Symptoms
- Dry eyes
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Excessive itching
There are many skin problems, which also come with various treatments and remedies. Our skin is very sensitive and requires certain care to keep it safe from getting damaged. Therefore, let's take a look at some cures.
- Recognizing the cause of peeling skin is important before taking up any treatment. There are many factors leading to this skin ailment. It could be caused due to any disease or infection, in which case, it is wise to consult a dermatologist. Reasons such as sun burn or dry skin can be treated by applying sunscreen lotions and consuming adequate amount of water everyday.
- Also water acts as a good remedy in curing many skin ailments. Our daily food habits or the way of living reflects on our skin. Water is a good cleansing tool that removes all the toxins from the body, which eventually leads a good looking healthy skin.
- Our skin comes in contact with dust and dirt very easily. Constant exposure to pollution can lead to peeling of skin as it makes the skin very dry and rough. To prevent further damage to your skin, gently cleanse your skin every night and try to remove as much dirt as possible, that has settled on your skin.
- Due to heat and sweat, our skin usually tends to itch, which causes inflammation too. To reduce itching and inflammation, take a damp cloth and apply it to your skin.
- Applying moisturizers immediately after a bath can help retain moisture in the skin and prevent it from peeling. Aloe vera is a natural remedy that helps prevent and cure the peeling of skin. It reduces irritation and burning sensation.
- Applying olive oil to the skin protects it from damage and keeps the skin moist for a longer time.
- Diet also plays a vital role in determining the condition of the skin. Lack of vitamin A, B and C and proteins and iron cause such skin conditions. Hence a well-balanced diet that comprises adequate amount of all these vitamins, proteins and iron will gradually improve the state of your skin. Diet is not only about eating right, but it's also about eating on time. Skipping meals or eating after a long gap can even cause severe skin problems.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes to avoid more peeling. Tight clothes can rub on the skin and cause pain and more itching. Hence, till the peeling is cured, avoid wearing skin hugging clothes.
- Even time to time check up with your dermatologist can gradually cure your skin problems.