Today, adults of almost all age groups may experience joint pain for one reason or the other. This article discusses a few remedies to tackle this painful condition.
The joint areas of our body undergo a lot of wear and tear leading to joint pain. The intensity of this pain can vary from mild to severe. The symptoms that are commonly accompanied with this pain include stiffness, swelling, and redness of the joint. It is mostly associated with aging, which causes degeneration of the joint. There are several other causes like overuse of a particular joint, some old injury that was not cured properly, obesity, and some form of arthritis like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and gout. Pregnant women may also experience this conditon, particularly in the third trimester.
Following are some of the most effective home remedies to alleviate the joint pain:
1. Prepare a mixture by mixing equal quantities of carrot juice and lemon juice. Consume one tablespoon of this mixture daily. Carrot juice helps strengthen our ligaments to a great extent.
2. The consumption of papaya seed tea helps relieve the pain in the joints. Drink this tea at least 4-5 times every day for at least two weeks before you can see some results.
3. Drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins from the body and reduce the inflammation.
4. Consume a glass of warm milk by adding one table spoonful of turmeric to get rid of the pain.
5. Consume fish oil supplements to get relief from joint pain during pregnancy. Even the intake of calcium supplements during this time helps in reducing the inflammation.
6. Add 2 teaspoons each of apple cider vinegar and honey to a glass of water, and drink this mixture twice a day.
Taking bath in warm water is one of the most effective remedies. You may also add some Epsom salt for better results. One of the key component of Epsom salt is magnesium which has anti-inflammatory properties. You may pour around 2 cups of Epsom salt in the warm water in your bathtub. Take a bath in this water for half an hour. If you massage the affected area well with olive oil and camphor oil, you can get relief from the inflammation.
Massaging with warm vinegar also shows positive results. Do it just before you go to bed. Performing stretching exercises may help make your joints supple and flexible, and strengthen the muscles of the joint areas. You may also apply hot and cold compression on the affected area alternatively to get a quick relief from this painful condition.
If the aforementioned remedies do not seem to improve your condition, then you may require immediate medical intervention. In such a case, discuss your medical history with your doctor. To reduce the pain, initially doctors may administer non-steroidal inflammatory drugs. Sometimes, steroids are also administered, either orally or in the form of injections. Dietary supplements like glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate may be prescribed for osteoarthritis patients. Surgery may be prescribed if joints are severely damaged.
Disclaimer: This HealthHearty article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.