Alkaptonuria, Becker's nevus, HIV/AIDS, and measles are some of the medical conditions which can give rise to macular rash. Go through the given article to get brief information on each one of them along with some natural treatment measures for this condition.
Macular rash is described as a skin rash which occurs in the form of a number of flat, small, and red spots, that can affect any region of the body. It generally disappears on its own in about a couple of weeks. However, skin rashes are usually indicative of some sort of health issue. Therefore, it is always advisable to seek medical intervention to determine the exact underlying cause for it. This rash can be caused by several diseases and disorders, and when the causative factor is treated, the skin rash naturally goes away over time.
What Causes Macular Rash?
There are several medical conditions which are symptomized by the appearance of macular rash.
- Alkaptonuria is one such disease. It is a rare disorder and is marked by the accumulation of homogentisic acid in the body. It involves damage of your connective tissue and bone. Your skin turns dark and bluish.
- Becker’s nevus can show macular rash of rosy lesions as one of its symptoms. It is defined as a rare skin disorder wherein an irregular pigmented patch occurs on the skin. The patch grows slowly, thickens, and becomes hairy over time.
- Erythrasma is another skin condition which is characterized by the occurrence of macular rash in children as well as in adults. It is an infection of the major skin folds. It is caused by a bacterium called Corynebacterium minutissimum.
- Macular rash can affect patients of HIV/AIDS. Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) causes incurable acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
- Lentigo maligna may be symptomized by the occurrence of this rash. It is described as the melanoma or skin cancer in situ which consists of malignant cells but do not show invasive growth.
- If you are suffering from measles, you may experience macular rash. Measles is contagious in nature. It affects the respiratory tract, and so your throat, bronchial tubes, and lungs may come under attack.
The given medical conditions are only some of the probable reasons behind this condition; the list of causes is quite long.
How is Macular Rash Treated?
The effective treatment for macular rash is possible only when the exact factor is known and is cured in the right manner. Therefore, medical intervention is needed. You may speed up the process of treatment by following these home remedies for skin rash.
- Apply olive oil to the rash to get fast relief.
- Spread cod liver oil mixed with vitamin E supplements on the rashes on your body.
- Apply aloe vera gel or pulp on the affected skin. Aloe vera is antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and healing in action. It reduces itching to a great extent.
- Cover the affected area with paste formed by mixing baking powder and water. It also helps in reducing itch.
- Keep your skin clean and dry. Use chamomile tea for cleaning the skin.
- Add 2-3 cups of uncooked oatmeal to the bathing water. Bathing with this water relieves irritation.
All the home remedies suggested above are highly effective in providing you fast relief from macular rash. Therefore, do give them a shot. Follow a healthy diet to keep such skin diseases at bay forever.