The cost of cosmetic surgery has been climbing down with time, as increasingly more people opt for it. In this article, we provide you information about what a rhinoplasty may cost.
The cost of a nose job is determined by various factors involved in the surgery. If you are a boxer, chances are that you will need one someday. You may be a model or an actor/actress, who thinks that a rhinoplasty, will sculpt a beautiful nose for you, that will change your fortunes. You may also happen to need a nose job due to sinus problems. Whatever may be your reason, it’s good to know the average cost of the job, before you go for it.
Most who think that a nose job lies beyond their range of affordability, will be surprised. Nowadays, cost of this surgery has surprisingly climbed down considerably. With financing options easily available now, the cost is no longer a big issue. If it’s necessary that you get it done, then go for it anyway. Though affordable, it will cost a bit. However, the result of such a plastic surgery is most of the time definitely worth it. Of course, it comes with its share of pain.
The minimum age for this surgery to be done is 14 to 15 for girls and 16 or more for boys. The reason is that after this age, the nasal bones are matured enough and their shape takes a permanent form. The risks involved in a nose job are same as those involved in any other surgery, like infections and other side effects.
Of course, the best place for finding a cost estimate, is the office of a qualified surgeon himself. The actual cost will also depend on the details of surgery you may need. The best estimate may be given only by a plastic surgeon, who will examine you and decide.
The cost figure ranges from USD 3,000 to USD 8,000. If you calculate, the average cost sums up to be approximately USD 4200. The cost is dependent on the following factors and sub-procedures:
- Actual surgical procedure fees
- Fees for anesthesia administration
- Fees for post-surgery recuperative stay and other facilities
Other Factors Involved
There are many other unseen factors that affect rhinoplasty cost like:
- Surgeon’s Training: This is the most important factor. The more well-qualified the surgeon is, the more will he charge.
- Surgical Complexity: The level of surgical complications involved, further raises the cost.
- Experience: The more successful surgeries, a plastic surgeon has under his belt, the more will it cost to get your nose reshaped by his skilled hands.
- Location: Last but not the least, location matters. In big cities like New York, the total expenditure will be above the average cost in the country.
Make sure that you go for a qualified and experienced surgeon, as the stories of plastic surgeries gone wrong are harrowing. To sum it up, you do not have to pay through the nose for a nose job anymore.