Like various other drugs in the market, pantoprazole can also cause a few side effects. Let’s take a look at them in this article. Read on…
Pantoprazole is a drug suggested by a few doctors for treating different medical conditions. Pantoprazole sodium is prescribed to deal with the amount of acid production in the stomach. Gastroesophaegal reflux disease (GERD), peptic ulcers, small intestine ulcers such as ulcerative colitis, are some of the conditions that meet treatment through pantoprazole dosage. But, it has a few side effects. Rarely, people suffer from those, however, mostly, the ones with weak immune system are more prone to the side effects.
If you are the one suffering from the side effects of this drug, then you can experience either one or more side effects. According to a research conducted, as few as 1% of the patients suffered from the possible side effects of pantoprazole. The patient requires medication immediately without any kind of delay to avoid further complications. Let’s take a look at those very few side effects.
Pantoprazole sodium is prescribed to deal with the amount of acid production in the stomach. GERD and acid reflux, stomach and small intestine ulcers ulcerative colitis, are some of the conditions that meet treatment through pantoprazole dosage.
Side Effects of Pantoprazole
- Some of the most commonly observed side effects of pantoprazole are nausea, headache, vomiting, and insomnia.
- Along with this, malfunctioning of the liver is a commonly observed side effect.
- In some cases, the blood sugar level will increase as a result of side effect of pantoprazole.
- Different allergic reactions like skin rashes, chills and fever are commonly observed.
- Some people experience abdominal pain due to side effect of pantoprazole.
- In some cases, people are known to suffer from nausea and diarrhea.
- Excessive burping and flatulence may be a complaint by some.
- It affects the mental condition of a person and is known to give rise to anxiety.
- Pain in the joints, back pain, neck pain and chest pain are a few commonly observed side effects.
- Some people might suffer from urinary tract infections and respiratory tract infection.
- Sore throat and irritation and, inflammation of nasal passages.
- Digestive problems like indigestion, constipation, stomach pain and gastroenteritis can be the side effects of pantoprazole.
- The other commonly observed side effects are flu-like symptoms and migraine.
- Along with all the aforementioned side effects, bronchitis and coughing are observed in some people.
- Respiratory problems like difficulty in breathing, tightness in chest and irregular heartbeat can be a consequence, of pantoprazole dosage.
- Changes in the skin like its color changing to yellow, peeling of the skin, appearance of blisters, appearance of unusual bruising are observed. Some people’s eyes tend to become yellow. Some people might suffer from blurred vision.
- In a few cases, people tend to feel weak and lack energy and strength.
- Dark urine is observed in some people because of the effect of pantoprazole.
- Swelling of the mouth, hands, feet, and lips can also occur.
Other severe side effects are:
- Angina pectoris
- Congestive heart failure
- Vertigo (sensation of spinning)
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
There are less chances that one suffers from any side effects of this drug. People who are weak, having a feeble immunity system, or those that suffer from chronic diseases are the ones who suffer mostly from these side effects. If you experience any of the side effects mentioned above, it is advisable that you do not delay a visit to the medical practitioner. In some cases, another medical condition is mistaken as side effect of pantoprazole. To avoid this, proper diagnosis should be done, so that appropriate treatment can be availed. The dosage of pantoprazole should be taken as prescribed, to stay away from the possible side effects. Stay healthy and happy!