Soft food will help you if you have undergone or are about to undergo a dental treatment or after a surgery. You’ll find some good recipes in this article.
People can be asked to go on a soft diet for different reasons. It may be prescribed to a person who has just undergone a surgery of some kind. When you are recuperating from a surgery, your body is still reeling from the shock of it. Hence, to assist it in regaining the strength and energy that was lost, you need to eat certain foods. However, eating normal food can sometimes lead to too mush stress on the internal organs of the body. Hence, in order to ensure that you get the required energy without wasting the energy that you already have, you can opt for soft foods.
Eggs: Eggs are one of the best options as a soft food after tooth extraction. Here are instructions for a good egg breakfast.
- Break the egg and empty it in a bowl.
- Beat it thoroughly using a whisk.
- Put a pan on the stove and heat it a little.
- Then, empty the beaten eggs onto the hot pan and shake it around using a spatula.
- Once it is scrambled enough, add salt and/or pepper to taste.
- You can have this with tomato ketchup if you are allowed to.
Yogurt: Yogurt is another good option for a healthy soft breakfast. Check out what you can do to make your soft breakfast delicious.
- Try out different flavored yogurts from the store.
- Another thing you can do is, get plain yogurt from the store. If you are permitted to consume cold food then nothing like it. But if you are advised not to, then leave the yogurt out for a while until it reaches room temperature.
- Now what you can do is add some jam or jelly to the yogurt and mix it thoroughly.
- Your homemade flavored yogurt is ready.
Lunch and/or Dinner
Potato Salad with Cream: This one works as a good soft food recipe for cancer patients. For this you’ll need
- Boiled potatoes ~ 2
- Grated onion ~ ¼ teaspoon
- Mayonnaise ~ ⅓ cup
- Yogurt ~ ⅓ cup
- Parsley or coriander ~ 1 branchlet
- Boiled eggs ~ 2
To make this salad, you need to mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, onion and parsley/coriander in a bowl and whisk them thoroughly. Then add the potato and eggs and mix once again. Refrigerate it for 3 – 4 hours if you want and then enjoy it!
Chicken and Cream: If you are allowed to include chicken in your soft diet after surgery, then this recipe can turn out to be quite delicious. Try it out. You’ll require
- Chicken ~ boiled and shredded or minced
- Salad dressing of your choice or whichever you are permitted to eat
- Fresh cream
- Sauce of your choice
All you have to do is arrange the shredded/ minced chicken on the platter. Make sure the chicken is succulent enough so that you can chew and swallow it without any difficulty. Add the salad dressing and the fresh cream and mix it up properly. Then add the sauce if you want. You can have this salad cold or warm, it’s up to you. You can also check out this article on soft diet food list.
You can also try different types of soups before your meals, to get your appetite going. With these recipes, you can rest assured that your meals will not be boring.
Disclaimer: This HealthHearty article is for informative purposes only. Consult your physician/nutritionist before starting any diet plan.