People who are tired of being called lean and skinny would have come across tablets that promise muscle-building and weight gain. However, before one pops these tablets, it is important to know more about whether these pills really work.
You have been trying different ways to put on weight. However, no matter what you do, there is absolutely no change in your weight. Then you come to know about certain pills from your friend which is said to help in increasing weight. To know more about it, you do a search on the Internet and find a variety of sites that speak about how weight gain tablets would help you in gaining weight without the need of any exercises or specific diet. The description given for these tablets are surely very promising. However, you have to know in detail about these pills before you start using them.
Effectiveness of Pills
The ads that appear in the newspapers, Internet and television about the effects of taking such pills say that they act as appetite enhancers. It has been observed that thin people are very likely to have less appetite and eat less than they actually should. With the help of these pills, a person’s appetite shoots up, making him eat more. Also, these pills increase the feeling of hunger in a person due to which he consumes more food, thus gaining more weight. Most skinny people have a high metabolism rate, due to which they are not able to put on weight. However, it is believed that consuming pills decreases metabolism, leading to more consumption of food.
Bluff or Reality?
Though manufacturers claim that gaining weight is possible with the help of these pills, not all things can be fully believed. Now, let us separate the myths from the facts.
- These pills do help in a positive way towards weight gain, but it has to be accompanied with a healthy diet and exercise. One has to understand that weight gain tablets are no magic pills. The nutritional content of a weight gain pill and a multivitamin tablet is almost the same. Manufacturers may be repacking the multivitamins pills with a label of weight gain pills as there is a greater demand for them among people. Moreover, this policy helps them earn a good profit since these pills are three times costlier than multivitamin tablets.
- The fact that pills to gain weight are actually multivitamin tablets do not mean that they are completely ineffective. Some people may gain weight after consuming these pills. But there are still a lot of people who may not gain weight because of a high level vitamin deficiency in their body.
- Looking at all these facts, it can be said that it is better to buy multivitamin supplements instead, since the effects of both pills are similar. Plus, buying vitamin tables could prove to be a lot cheaper. If you still want to go with weight gain tablets, go for those which are made of herbs. Check the nutritional content properly and see whether they have steroids and caffeine in them, as these can lead to various side effects.
- You may opt for some natural appetite enhancers too. Some of them are:
- Mixture of grated ginger and lemon juice.
- A solution of powdered cumin seeds, salt and cold water.
- You can easily get hold of such pills at medical stores and grocery stores. However, before buying them over the counter, it would be beneficial if you consult your health practitioner first.
Gaining weight and being healthy is very important, but just by consuming a pill you would not be able to achieve the desired results. Apart from consuming these pills, it is also important to work out regularly and eat nutritious food to gain weight.